Friday, February 22, 2013

Dear God...



I feel like hell right now, I feel invincible, I feel terrible, I feel… sad, really sad and angry at God.  I wish I wasn’t in church right now so that I could cry.  I feel the tears shimmering on my lids. God why me?  Why? 

I can’t even put to words the exact way I feel...  Empty perhaps?  Yes empty.  I feel like I am just living aimlessly.  Why do I feel this way when I am in your presence?  I should be happy…I should feel loved...  I should feel wrapped in the comfort of your presence around me… but I don’t.

Everyone is avidly listening to the priest and screaming AMEN, claiming everything he is saying for them.  But I don’t hear anything he is saying, he just drones on and on, he is definitely not saying anything I want to hear right now.  I wish he would tell me why I feel this way, if only he would tell me why my life is so stagnant…  I wish he would just shut up already.  I don’t feel like being here right now, I want to go home and cry.

Everyone around me is getting married; everyone is getting a job, everyone in moving somewhere, but I am just here; nothing is happening in my life.  I want to have a testimony, I want to be able to say something…anything at all, but…there’s nothing.

God, within this beautiful facade that I present is a wailing soul, do something…  You know my thoughts right now… do something about them!  You know how I feel right now even though I can’t put them into words…do something!

Do something father, and do it fast before I drown.

Your favorite daughter.

P.s- even though I don’t like you right now, and I am not happy with you, I love you Lord and you are still my best friend.

4 comments:

  1. dear onyinye,i know that feeling.
    Glad you still love God, but in times like this we need to trust Him much more and be patient. If you would like to talk , leave me a line.
    dianah@dianahsplace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dianah, I am really glad someone understands how I feel.

      Delete
  2. Dear Onyinye, Jesus loves you & he won't forsake you. Just believe & have faith. You are alive, that is enough testimony!! Only a living soul can worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your pain dear. just hand on a little bit, all will be well soon

    ReplyDelete

please drop a comment and let me know what you think.