Thursday, January 10, 2013

Being Single


No matter how much we say it doesn’t hurt to be single, the truth is that it does. When you hear of a friend’s marriage, see a happy couple or read something sentimental, we sometimes wish…

Sitting at home tonight, I really wished I was married, I feel so alone and lonely even though there are people around me, a melancholic feeling which I can’t even explain fills me right now, and it just makes me wish…

A lot of single ladies might not admit that sometimes it hurts to be alone, but the fact is that it does, and yes, you actually begin to consider that “bros” that you said no to, if for nothing else, just to have somebody to call your own. I saw a couple at an event recently and they appeared to be so in love that they seemed not to be aware of the world around them and for just a brief moment, I felt the green, ugly head of envy and jealousy stir  up in me, and then I wished…

There’s this saying that “I enjoy being single until I see a couple in love” which to an extent is true. I do enjoy being single, but sometimes, I feel like I would trade that singleness and every freedom attached to it just to have someone to call my husband.

Having said that, I refuse to let that feeling push me into a loveless marriage which is often the case too many times.  We find a lot of marriages hitting the rock because we give in to that “urge” and “need” to have someone to call our own.

I don’t know whether other people feel this way too, but as a woman who enjoys being alone, sometimes…sometime, I just wish…

2 comments:

  1. Onyinye, this sis really very beautiful. It is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a 37-year old woman. i can tell you that i know what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete

please drop a comment and let me know what you think.