Thursday, December 31, 2015

Counting My Blessings THis Year...



When upon life billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged thinking all is gone
Count your many blessings see what name them one by one
And it will surprise you what The Lord has done
Image result for count your blessings
The first time I heard this song with the mind of an adult, even though I was still pretty young, I decided to follow the instructions.  I got out a pen and paper and proceeded to count my blessings.  I
got stuck somewhere around number five; I tried real hard to think of more blessings, and I was able to add a few more. Here they go; clothes, shoes, house, food, water, air, and friends.  I wasn’t surprised, and I wondered what all the fuss about the song was.
 Image result for count your blessings
A couple of years later, I was opportune to read about the history of the song, and the extenuating circumstances in which the song was composed, then I saw my blessings in an entirely different light. I realized that the gift of sight was a blessing, that the gift of hearing was a blessing; that I could see, speak, eat and a whole lot of other things were blessings. That going out every day, and coming back in one piece in Lagos, was a huge blessing; no container fell on the bus I was in, no danfo driver knocked me off my okada, and most importantly, the gift of LIFE.
 Image result for count your blessings
The year 2015 has been a very good year for me; so good that I can’t even begin to count my blessings. I wasn’t able to accomplish all the things I set out to achieve this year, all the things I thought I needed to achieve this year, but by the grace of God, I accomplished the most important ones. in all of this I say, lets thanks God for a great year.

Let’s go back and count our blessings… and be surprised by what The Lord had done!
 Image result for count your blessings

2 comments:

  1. With all going on in our world today, looking at where I stand today I cannot but count my blessings... God has been so gracious to me, and to you I am sure.

    Count your blessings joooor...lol

    Happy New Year Onyi.
    Egwumba’s Blog

    ReplyDelete

please drop a comment and let me know what you think.