Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The new visit/sex law...



Image result for couple fighting images 

tA friend of mine was constantly nagging me to visit, and anyone who lives in Lagos knows that paying anyone a visit requires a lot of serious planning, what with the ridiculous fares and unending traffic.

Bearing all this in mind, I finally agreed to go see Iyke.  I had known Iyke for some time now; we took a course in NISP together a couple of years ago, and have remained good friends till now.  I finally agreed to
go see in Surulere where he stayed with his siblings and fiancée.

On getting there, I met his fiancée who was home at the time, and we spoke for a while.  I later noted that the house was quite and I asked him where his fiancée was, he replied that she had gone on an errand, which did not sound strange to me, until… he made the first move!

Yes he did! To say I was shocked would be an understatement.  I gently tried to rebuff him at first, but he got angry and asked me if I was a JJC (a term used to novices in Lagos), and asked if I didn’t know that agreeing to visit a guy in Lagos meant agreeing to have sex. I was astounded, not just at the fact that he was about to throw away years of friendship, but at the fact that was about to get married!

It was a tug of war, until the timely return of his fiancée. I angrily told her what her husband had been about o do, and to his credit, he had the decency to look contrite, and naturally blame it on the devil *roll my eyes*, well I left them to it.

On my way back home, I made a mid-year resolution, the only guy I am going to visit in his house henceforth is my brother! By the way, where was I when this new law of visit/sex was passed? Have I been working too hard and paying no attention to the news?  Anybody care to shed more light on this law please?

1 comment:

  1. The young man is misguided and probably needs his head checked at Yaba. That agreeing to visit a guy in Lagos meaning agreeing to have sex is a callous, wrong and misleading statement, one meant to deceive the ignorant.
    Thank God you did not become a victim of rape... I will be surprised if the so-called fiance goes on to marry such a person, cause it is very likely he will continue being wayward even after wedding.
    Stay safe and please don't let this one experience give you a notion that all men could think this carelessly and foolishly.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

please drop a comment and let me know what you think.