Saturday, August 1, 2015

Have You Ever Seen a Blue Eyed Black Kid?


Chinonso





Have you ever seen a blue eyed black kid?

 I had just come downstairs from my sister’s apartment in Enugu where I went to prepare for my
older brother’s traditional wedding last week. Before that I was reading a novel about a blue eyed guy, and I have to tell you, I am obsessed with blue eyes, if I can change anything about myself, I would ask for blue eyes. Coming down the stair, I just wondered why God did not give black people blue eyes and I said aloud “God you no try o”.

Then I got the shocker of my life! Walking into the compound were two little black boys of about 6-7, and one of them had the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen, I was shocked! It was as if God was trying to tell me that he had a sense of humor, and that he is God.

His eyes contrasted sharply with his dark skin, it shimmered as if there was liquid in his eyes, and you could see it clearly from afar. I screamed in excitement, not just at seeing the boy, but at seeing him at that particular moment when I had just been asking God why he couldn’t have made blacks with blue eyes.

My sister just laughed and said she had had the same reaction when she saw him the first time, and believe it or not, his whole family has got blue eyes. Unfortunately, I couldn’t visit the family before I left for lagos.

2 comments:

  1. This kid shows the typical physical traits of Waardenburg Syndrome; blue or pale colored wide-set eyes, the slightly upturned nose & weak chin. They often have varying degrees of deafness

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kid shows the typical physical traits of Waardenburg Syndrome; blue or pale colored wide-set eyes, the slightly upturned nose & weak chin. They often have varying degrees of deafness

    ReplyDelete

please drop a comment and let me know what you think.