Tuesday, June 17, 2014

‘We’ll be back!’: Boko Haram threatens to attack Chibok again

Parents-of-chibok-girls-search-dor-their-children
 Na wah o! I don't know the beef Boko haram has with the people of Chibok, but they have promised topay them another visit.

 Despite the abduction of over 200 girls from Chibok by Boko Haram, it seems the sect’s onslaught on the town is not over yet.
The insurgents are said to have written a letter to the residents of the town warning them of an
impending attack.
This was disclosed by an official of the Chibok Local Government to journalists last week.
Punch reports:
He however said that the letter had been shown to police authorities who assured them of maximum protection.
The official, who did not want his name in print, said in spite of the assurances by the police, the people were living in ‘‘great fear.’’
He said, “Everyone in the LGA believes that the sect cannot be pocketed by security men. The letter has further worsened their fear.
“Whenever Boko Haram tells you that they are coming, they will never fail to do so. Our fear now is that, we don’t know when and how they are going to come but our people are in great fear. We are calling for prayers as well as on government to provide adequate security in Chibok.”